What Does The Kitchen Gallery Do?
The important first step a homeowner should take if they are considering a kitchen remodeling project is to get educated…
The education process should be ongoing during the design and decision phase of your remodeling project. Getting educated will give you the confidence to move forward with your project. It’s not practical to learn everything, but you can get a crash course on what is important to your specific needs and application.
I will teach you all that you want, but at minimum what you really need to know so you make an intelligent, well thought out decision. I will promise to give you straight answers of what I think is good and/or bad about a certain design concept, then let you ultimately decide what would be best for you.
Before and After Kitchen Remodel in Hampton, New Hampshire
Some important questions to go over with any kitchen designer…
– Explain the different cabinet constructions? Plywood vs particleboard? Full extension guides? Dovetail drawers? Inset? Framed vs frame-less?
– What makes a cabinet just OK, better than OK and what is the best cabinet construction? Cabinet warranty? Cost difference?
– How long do the cabinets take to build? Stock? Semi-custom? Full custom?
– There are many cabinet finish options, what are they? Catalyzed sealer? Tinted varnish?
– What about countertops? Advantages and disadvantages to laminate, granite, butcher block, quartz, Corian (acrylic)…
– How long will this project take?
Other questions will pop up, but those are the major ones that I often answer.
Most customers are very anxious to find out how much money their particular remodeling project will cost. You can check out a sample design with cost information at HOW MUCH $$$ link. However, to get a realistic estimate for your space it is necessary that the designer (that would be me) visits your home and make the necessary field measurements and get the lay of the land. Often, I will also like to take a quick video of your space to refer back too. I also learn what you like and don’t like about your kitchen or the area that you want to see some change.
This service is free. To make an appointment or visit the showroom go to CONTACT & DIRECTIONS page.